Microsoft will offer seven courses on the edx.org portal in April.
These courses, taught by Microsoft experts, are now open for enrollment.
- Programming with C#, the widely-used programming language for.NET developers.
- Introduction to Bootstrap, an open-source UI framework created by Twitter to enable the creation of responsive, mobile-first web pages. Bootstrap has become a de facto standard for web design.
- Querying with Transact SQL, the structured query language for SQL servers.
- Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft Azure. This is part one of a three-course series.
- Introduction to Office 365 APIs. This course teaches common APIs to access Office 365 data from your applications.
- Windows PowerShell Fundamentals. This self-paced course has a fee of $200 because is offered as part of the edX Professional Education series.
Microsoft has already developed an Xblock to enable course creators to embed Office Mix lectures into their edX courses.
The software giant plans to continue investing on edX and Open edX ecosystem through new software developments.